Matthew 6:33 (NLT)

and he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern.
Thursday, July 14, 2011

I will survive (hey hey)

Sorry, as I typed that title, that Aretha Franklin song just popped into my head ;-)  Then I decided to look up the lyrics and found some of them really fit to how I was feeling...

At first I was afraid,
I was petrified,
Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side,

LOL...Now if I were a bit wittier I would come up with my own lyrics for the rest of the song to go along with missing my girl while she is at camp, and God getting me through it ;-)  (side note...is wittier a word?  or would it be more witty?)  LOL...as we go along in the posts you will notice I have my own language to some degree...my husband always makes fun of me because he THINKS I make up words...although I think they are perfectly good words and make a lot of sense...maybe soon we will all be buying the Onderick Dictionary! 

I must say the past 4 days have been SUPER hard!  Everyone here has missed Hunter SOOOOO much.  Her younger sisters have woken up in the morning crying because she is not in her bed.  I have been up late nights worrying about her having fun, being ok, blah blah blah.  Although each day has gotten a tad easier.  Probably knowing she is coming home tonight helps a bit too!

With these past 4 days of stress and worry, I have decided a few things...some good some bad!  As I posted before, I realized my walk with God seems to be stronger when I am going through a certain "issue" of some sort.  Although it is good to go to God for these "issues" I feel guilty that I am not as passionate and searching HIM regularly.  I really need to fix that!  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ;-)

I have also found myself yet a "freak" again during all this.  And some friends were not as supportive as I would have hoped.  I know they try to make me feel better, and as I said before I CAN be a TAD sarcastic, so maybe they were trying to help sarcastically...not quite sure!  I am not sure if it is "weird" that my child is 9 and never been away from home....but for some they have already gone through it...I thought those friends would have been a bit more sympathetic and helpful.  I have had a few hurtful comments the past few days about Hunter being away and such.  Lets just all remember...everyone goes through different stages of life at different times.  I have never worked since I have had kids...I am with them 24/7.  I have never traveled without them, I am not happy to send them away with friends...does that make me a "freak"?  To love my kids and want to be with them?  ( I am sure this will bite me in the butt when they go off to college too)

Now I must admit...I have been a TINY BIT emotional through all this...so I might be taking things wrong...and they might just be joking and sarcastic...which I usually can take :-)  But I must say my feelings have been a bit hurt :-(

But that is okay...Hunter comes home today and we are all SUPER HAPPY here!  I am praising God for getting me through this rough time.  I have learned so many things...Even though my friends didn't come through as I expected...GOD DID!  HE always does :-)  That makes me super happy...even though I might not have been as faithful the past few months with my quiet times and bible readings and alone time with God...HE still came through for me! 

SO....I WILL SURVIVE!  With God by my side!

PS....yesterday was my 10 year wedding anniversary with my best friend of 22 years :-)  God has blessed me SO much with a wonderful husband...he is really great and helpful and a lot of fun!  We ended up taking the other 2 girls to Sioux Falls for an afternoon of shopping at the mall and dinner at Olive Garden....to those of you who know we are on a strict 30 day diet...we totally broke it last night!  I must say I feel a bit BLAH today, but we had a ton of fun, so it was all worth it....I did an extra workout this morning too to help ;-)

0 comments: