Matthew 6:33 (NLT)

and he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern.
Friday, July 29, 2011

Clarification

From some of the things people have been "talking" to me about, I figured I should clarify a few things...mainly  my reason for this blog.  Now PLEASE all be aware...My back has been out for a week and I am SUPER pms-y.  Thank you all for your finger violin solos!  HA!!!  I am not making excuses, but I wanted you all prepared in case I might come across as a TAD crabby ;-)

Now the reason I stared this blog was to help.  Help me going through some difficult home school "issues" and to help other home schooling mom's who might be struggling with something and feeling all alone.  I did not start this blog to open myself up for criticism, "advise", or opinions of what I need to do. 

I know not everyone home schools, and not every one supports home schooling.  I know that not every one who home schools does so to the best of their abilities.  But for those of us who take home schooling our children seriously....we should not be condemned because there are some out there who don't.  This is not a perfect world...there are some crappy parents out there, there are people who take advantage of welfare, there are people who home school, but do nothing for their kids.  That does not mean that home schooling needs to be a police state, or government involved. 

Not everyone is a Christian, so they might not agree with my reasons for home schooling, but as long as I do what God has called me to do, to the best of my ability, that is all I can do. I answer to God...not man!  Now my girls do have a legitimate learning disability.  It has nothing to do with how I have taught them...they would still be dyslexic had they been in the public school system!  I don't understand how it is more acceptable for a child to have a learning disability because they were in "school" rather than home schooled. 

Now I must add...I have had a lot of positive feed back, I have had a lot of support, and a lot of encouragement since starting this blog...but I guess it is human nature to focus on the bad rather than the good :-( 

There is a good way to criticize, advise, and give your opinions...it is called RESPECT!  We all need to respect others and their decision...if you agree with them or not.  That way you can give CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and advise and your opinions and not offend the receiving person.

1 comments:

Onderick Multiomedia said...

Great post... Good work.. Love ya!