Matthew 6:33 (NLT)

and he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern.
Sunday, August 21, 2011

School Starts TOMORROW!!!

WOO HOO!!!!! 

Super excited to start our school year tomorrow morning!  I am a tad nervous though with implementing all the dyslexia stuff.  I know it will help, and I know it will become easier as we go.  I am sure the first few days will be an adjustment! 

My day will begin at 6AM
Do my hour workout
Bible time
Shower
Breakfast
School to start by 9AM
Done by 2:30

Now those of you who know me don't worry...I will fit in my coffee breaks throughout there.

I have a schedule set up for the "school day".  I have it broken down into 30 minute intervals.  Cuckles is doing 1st grade, and she will be done with school by 1PM where the other 2 will go until 2:30. 

I have found with my girls that we have to do reading FIRST thing in the morning.  Since Hunter is my most severe with the dyslexia, I have her reading first.  But also for Hunter, this year, for her writing I have her reading a number of verses in proverbs every day and journaling.  That she has to do BEFORE school starts.(There are 36 official school weeks, so if we do 1 chapter a week it will be ALMOST perfect)  Since she is up early, she can do it while I do my workout, do my bible study, or make breakfast.  I am also anticipating that we will be done with school earlier as some things are not going to take a full 30 minutes to do.

Now math is going to be a different story :-)  I have a full hour blocked off for Math.  It is complicated what I have decided to do for math, but I will explain it the best I can ;-)  The math program I use is Math U See.  Now I am admitting that I NEVER watched the videos.  So for the past 3 years I have been doing it wrong...well not wrong, just not beneficial...as the program was designed.  So I FINALLY watched the DVD and I have decided to put them all in the same math class.  I ordered Hunter and Logan the same book as Dillan and we will work through it all together.  Although a lot will be super easy for Hunter....so I am going to have her do 3 lessons a day, then only test her on the unit tests....then she will get through all 3 books (addition, subtraction, and multiplication) this school year.  I figured with her struggling so much it would just be worse if I introduced Division this year with her so behind with her math facts.  But I think I can catch her up just fine this year. 

Now the stuff I learned at my dyslexia class I have decided to do in the evenings.  That way Allan can join as he is dyslexic, he will definitely benefit from these exercises :-) Although going over the schedule with Allan I might have to readjust this decision...our evenings seem to be filling up..Church Wednesday, Science Thursday...

I asked Allan to take over the science for this year.  It is a 2 day/week program, so he is going to do that with the girls Thursday evenings, and Saturday's. So I am thinking the dyslexia stuff will be 4 evenings a week!  I am relieved that Allan was willing to take over the Science...It is 1 thing off my plate :-)  He is SOOOOO wonderful!

Also we are starting a family Tae Kwon Do class on Friday afternoons.  I am SUPER excited for this.  It is offered through the home school group and it is nice we can take the class together as a family.  I am sure it will be beneficial for us all :-)

I hope my next blog post is a positive one.  I am excited to share with you what all happens with the dyslexia stuff...and my own abilities ;-)


0 comments: