Matthew 6:33 (NLT)

and he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern.
Friday, August 26, 2011

Rough Day!

Well I just had to post about this super quick! (now I am Sicilian so my "super quick" might be different than yours!)

My first week has not gone as planned at all!  I have not started my dyslexia stuff yet and I REALLY need to!  I am noticing with all 3 girls major struggles with reading...even Cuckles!  She is holding her head and rubbing her eyes constantly!  So I am so upset that she is showing more severe symptoms of the dyslexia.  I feel like I was kicked in the stomach.  I know dyslexia is not a major problem.  I was just hoping for 1 easy kid :-)  No such luck I guess!  I am just feeling SO discouraged today :-(  Although I am a TAD hormonal and Satan really attacks me during this time with discouraging thoughts...so I am going to fight it this afternoon with some MAJOR bible time ;-)

Now yesterday we did not do school...well Cuckles and I did, but Hunter and Logan did not.  One of the downsides of home schooling is you are home all day and friends ask you to watch kids and such.  Which I really don't mind...with home schooling I am flexible that way and I LOVE helping my friends :-)  But I know with myself I have trouble saying NO to people...well not my husband ;-)  HA HA HA! 
So Hunter and Logan will have to do school tomorrow on Saturday...so tomorrow I am sure to post a TGIS and probably post more about our first week :-)

Today's post is going to be about something totally different...if I ever get to my point! 

We had our annual home school group Fall Kick Off Picnic last night.  It was a lot of fun!  It is great to come together as a group and just fellowship.  During the year you don't always get to see everyone because kids are in different grades and different programs.  So it is really nice to talk to everyone and see what has worked for them and vice versa.  The only problem this year for us was our diet!

As many of you know we started everyone on a gluten free diet months ago.  Mainly for Logan as she has many behavioral issues and I have been trying to keep her off medication.  So in desperation we went gluten free and it has been the best thing for her.  And with a whole family I decided to have everyone on the same diet so I didn't have to buy different things and worry about Logan eating the wrong bread or such as she is older and is able to get a lot of her own food.  So it is much easier for everyone to be on the same diet. 

With a pot luck kind of menu you never know what is going to be there or if we will be able to eat anything.  So Allan and I had a plan before we went...if there was nothing we could eat, we would visit for an hour or 2 then go out to eat later.  Well someone brought pizza and all bets were off :-)  Allan went right for the pizza and the kids of course followed.  By that time everyone was eating gluten :-(  I must admit I too ate some pizza....it was yummy at the time, but by bedtime I was SUPER sick!  (Allan and I have also gotten rid of dairy in our diet so the pizza was a combination of both ) 

Now I am not sure how Allan is feeling today, but I feel like total BLAH!!!  Logan woke up crying this morning and everything has been a fight and just tears all morning.  She has been super defiant over the silliest things and just super angry.  I have also noticed Dillan is a lot more emotional today too.  So I am sure the gluten is definitely bothering her also.  Hunter does not seem bothered by it, but she has a stomach of steel!  I don't think it really affects her at all...although she has bumps all over her tongue today, so I am thinking that is from something she ate.

So my day has been super hard today with school.  And I know it is going to take a good 2 - 3 days for her to get it out of her system and get regulated.  So many prayers are greatly appreciated....also for Allan...a hormonal wife and a glutened up Logan is going to make for a super ROUGH weekend ;-)

0 comments: