Matthew 6:33 (NLT)

and he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern.
Saturday, September 17, 2011

Another week down!

Well we made it through another week!  All my attempts to start the clay failed!  I found many excuses and "reasons" and distractions this week to put it off another week!  I know I am TERRIBLE!  Although I am DETERMINED to get it started this coming week ;-)

We had a great week though...besides the guilt of not starting the dyslexia stuff :-)  School got done daily with very little resistance, we had time to play with new friends, I FINALLY made my doctor appointment (under duress!).  So it was a good week! except for the dr. appointment.

Nothing against doctors...I just don't like them, and I don't like going.  They never listen to me and they WEIGH me!  I mean really how necessary is that?  But as some of you know I have some "health" issues related with my "female" stuff!  Since Cuckles is almost 7...I figured it was time to go!  I also asked for bloodwork to be done.  Everything came back normal except my cholesterol was high (Thanks Grandma)...but my cholesterol is ALWAYS high...my good cholesterol is so high, it is never an issue...and is not this time!  But also my bilirubin level was high.  I can't remember the number she told me, but I am ASSUMING it is not high enough to be a big issue...since she didn't say I had to come in or anything.  But those of you who know me and my "thinking" (thanks mom) I am major stressed over it.  I had bloodwork done a month and a half ago and my bilirubin level was normal....so I am not sure why it is elevated....the nurse said it could be due to some of the sinus issues I am having, it could be because I forgot during my fast and took my tylenol pm, could be lower water intake due to the cold weather (I ALWAYS drink less water when it is cold out...and more coffee) But I did fast...so no coffee, but I didn't drink a lot of water!  Who knows?  I am going to call Monday and ask if I can get the number of the level and see if there is anything that might be the cause.  I am also going to take a liver detox tea for a month....and GET BACK ON MY DIET!!!

I know it is sad...but the past 2 weeks I have been TOTALLY off my diet :-(  Starting tomorrow I am getting back on it full force :-)  Although it might make a crabby school week :-)

Also my disappointment with my doctor appointment....I HATE TAKING MEDICATION!  Those who know me well know I have some MAJOR pms issues since I had my tubes tied.  So they are trying a birth control pill to try to regulate my emotions and pain during that time...although I have to take a pill EVERY DAY!  YUCK!!!  I told her I would try it for 2 months (that is what she gave me samples for) and if it didn't help by then I was not going to take it anymore.  She thought I would notice a difference within 2 months....so we will see!  If it does help me during that time (2 weeks for me) I think everyone in this house will appreciate it...so it will be worth it if it does help. 

I sense my babbling taking over since none of this really has anything to do with my homeschooling :-)

On the home schooling note...I took the girls to the library yesterday to find some reading books for Hunter...she is in 4th grade, but with her dyslexia I was told to not use the 4th grade readers with her, but to go down a grade level or 2 until we can get her caught up.  So I was looking at some books...I got a Spiderwick Book (suggested by my sister) which we started yesterday.  It is a 4th grade level book, but she is doing rather well with it....although she does struggle a bit.  I also got a younger Nancy Drew book....it is a mid 3rd grade level.  So we will read that one after this next week!  I am anxious to see how it goes....if there are any other suggestions please let me know :-)  She LOVES the Candy Fairy books, but she has read them all except the new one...which is a halloween story, so I was trying to wait till mid October to read that...and October is her book report, so I was going to have her use the Candy Fairy book for that :-) 

Well that was our week!  Hunter is spending the night at a friends house and we are FREELAXING at home with a houseful of "fwaps" (wasps)!  We have called the house manager and are waiting for the maintenance guy...Allan has killed about 50 within 2 days now, and was stung 3 times.  Cuckles has an allergy to stings and her epi-pen is expired (and they won't refill without a doctor visit)  So I am praying she does not get stung...with the freeze the other night they are rather slow...but you never know when you will come across a feisty one!

Well off to get the girls out of the tub!  Then an evening of Star Trek....lucky me!!!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Diana Onderick
I am a daughter of The Most High, wife, and homeschooling mom.
View my complete profile